Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Radiation Oncologist Follow-Up Appointment

Yesterday I had my follow up appointment with my radiation oncologist. I cant believe its been 2 1/2 weeks since I finished my radiation.  There wasn't much to this appointment. He just looked at my wrist and the skin to see how its healing. He also checked out the function of my wrist and hand. The skin looks good and things feel pretty good. I get some weird, tingling feelings every once in awhile...I told the Dr. about it and he didn't seem concerned. I think its just the effects of radiation.
My Dr. put in the order for my full body PET/CT scan for early March. If its done any earlier my wrist can "light up" from inflammation due to radiation. So we have to wait the couple months so we don't get a false positive when it comes to the results. That scan will be the baseline scan and we'll go from there.
Please keep praying for us.....that the cancer stays away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment