Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010...You Will NOT be Missed or Forgotten

2010 was a WILD ride for us! We have great memories from the year and not so great ones. I will not miss 2010 but will take all I've learned in that year with my for the rest of my life.

We started this blog in August but here's a recap of all of 2010....


January 1st- Our Dog,Jack, ate a poisonous plant, almost died, had his stomach pumped, was on doggy life support and spent 3 days in the animal hospital. We should have known then this year wasn't shaping up to be good.

January 30th- My brother, Josh and I were in a head-on collision. My car was totaled and if it weren't for our seat belts and air bags we'd be dead.  Thank God it wasn't my fault. I was going 45 mph she was going 30mph = 75mph head on...not fun. Besides bad bruising and 4 months at the Chiropractor...We are good and very blessed.

May 6- My cousin was killed in a car accident at the age of 24..very sad and hard on the whole family.


July 16- Emergency surgery to stop internal bleeding caused by an ectopic pregnancy. Spent a few days in the hospital.

August 17- Surgery to remove "cyst" in my wrist

August 23- Diagnosed with Synovial Sarcoma cancer

September 3- Surgery to implant medi-port

October 18- Started 7 1/2 weeks of radiation

November 18- Surgery to have medi-port taken out

December 10- Last radiation treatment...total of 37


Even though 2010 wasn't one of my favorite years...It could have been worse..I still feel very blessed and am thankful for my amazing hubby,supportive family, and the grace and love of the Lord. What more could a girl want?

As I think back on the tumultuous year we had only one verse comes to mind.....
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


2010..you will not be missed or forgotten! We look forward to 2011 and what it has in store for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment