Monday, January 3, 2011

Case Closed!

When I was first diagnosed with cancer I was assigned a case manager.  At first I wasn't too sure how I felt about it because she called often.....a lot was needing to be done (tests, treatments, appointments, 2nd opinions etc...) and I was overwhelmed enough trying to process the fact that I had cancer let alone take calls and talk to this lady all the time. But, it didn't take long for me to be extremely grateful for her. She did everything! She made my appointments, scheduled the tests, worked on the insurance authorizations, called just to see how I was feeling and how treatment was going. Anytime I had a question about anything relating to my care I'd call and she'd always pick up and I'd have an answer right away..which was so relieving considering the circumstance. She was amazing! Well she called today to ask how I was and to let me know as far as everything on her end is concerned my case is closed! Yippeeeeee! What a blessing! Of course I'll still have the PET/CT scans done every 3 months but my Radiation Oncologist office will be scheduling those so I wont need her anymore! I told her how helpful she was and how appreciative I was for all she'd done for me but I hope to never need her again! Wouldn't that be great? I'm praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment