Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Cant Believe its Been 5 years....

It has been five years today since my Uncle Chris passed away in a car accident at the age of 47. Im happy to know he's with Jesus in heaven forever.
I think back to that morning five years ago....I was sitting in class and had a million missed calls from my Dad. I excused myself from class because I knew something was for sure wrong...I called him back and that's when I found out. I was over 1700 miles away  at school and all I wanted to do was be with my family. Luckily, Nathan & I were flying home that afternoon for spring break. But I remember the sadness I felt not only my own feelings but especially those of my Aunt Marla and the rest of my family. He passed away around the same time Nathan and I got married & I was so looking forward to the relationship they would have because they both loved to hunt and are such outdoorsman type guys! The one time they met that was all they talked about. We all couldnt wait until we moved back to California. When my Uncle Jonathan passed away a week and a half ago it brought me back to this day. There is so much sadness and heartache when you lose a family member who means so much to everyone.  But I know they are in a way better place than we are!  
My prayers and thoughts are with my Aunt and the rest of our family today!
I love you Uncle Chris!