Monday, September 27, 2010

Radiation Oncologist Appointment

My Mom & I (Nathan had to work) went to City of Hope today for my appointment with the Radiation Oncologist. There isn't really any new information. He plans to have radiation done for about seven and a half weeks since my margins were positive when the tumor was taken out. Hopefully that takes care of it, it goes away and doesn't come back. He went over the side effects of radiation which are minimal. I feel comfortable with it and am ready to start. He said that since my surgery was about 6 weeks ago now is about the time I'd be able to start radiation. That made me feel good to know we haven't wasted anytime waiting for the authorizations and other tests.  Now I just have to wait for my insurance to authorize the radiation and I'll be set up for it. They have to do a CT scan of my wrist as well as xrays so they know exactly where to radiate. Please pray the radiation takes care of the cancer....God has been so good to us and I still have full faith in his will & plan for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment